How to Configure Office Setup?
To configure Office feature installation states
- To start the OCT, from the root of the network installation point, type the following at the command prompt: setup.exe /admin.
- In the Select Product dialog box, choose the product that you want to configure, and then choose OK.
- In the navigation pane, locate Features, and then choose Set feature installation states.
- In the details pane, expand the tree and choose the feature that you want to customize. For example, if you opt not to install the Equation Editor, expand Microsoft Office and Office Tools, open the shortcut menu for Equation Editor, and then choose the installation options Not Available, Hidden, and Locked. Setup doesn’t install the Equation Editor. If Setup is run interactively, this feature isn’t visible and the user can’t install it.
- On the File menu, choose Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify a path and file name for the Setup customization file, and then choose Save.
- On the File menu, choose Exit.
- Copy the Setup customization file to the Updates folder in the network installation point.